JILIU operates under authorization, as an institution with rights to grant degrees under the waiver of the State Board of colleges and independent universities of Florida (Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities) in the Department of education of Florida in the United States (Florida Department of Education) and is supported by the laws of this State, under the 1005.06 section 1) (f) , F.S., Florida Statutes. The State, like other States, does not require accreditation or theological accreditation for religious education.
Section 1005.06 (1) (f):
A "religious" educational institution can operate without government sanction, if the institution can confirm annually to the regulatory commission of the Department of Education of the State of Florida, USA, which is maintained within the following parameters:
- The name of the school has a modifier (Identifying) that it is religious or containing words "religious" in nature.
- The institution only offers educational programs to prepare students for the "religious" vocation as ministers, Christian leaders and professionals within the "religious" categories such as: ministry, counseling, theology, education, administration, music, fine arts, media and social work.
- The undergraduate degrees granted by the institution should not be confused with the titles of secular degrees. To this effect; each undergraduate degree should include a modifier (identifying) immediately preceding or religious is part of the following grades: Arts Technician, Technical Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Science , Doctor of Philosophy and Doctor of Education. The religious modifier (identifyer) should appear in the document holder (in the title line) in any document referring to the title awarded and on any document or official publication of the institution made.
- The length of the degree programs are consistent with the standards (parameters) set by the regulatory commission.
- The consumer practices of the institution are consistent with those required by section 1005.04.
The commission will provide the school a letter confirming that the institution meets the requirements of state law and for that reason is not subject to government sanction, or taxes.
Please look for our name: Jesus is Lord International University under the following link:
That Jesus Christ is the Lord
We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ as the only Son of God. We believe in His death for every man, His resurrection, and His eventual return to earth to judge the world.
We believe that every man on earth is born with the nature of the original without and that the death of Jesus on the cross was to redeem him from the power of sin. We believe that salvation is available to everyone who creates and asks for it.
We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ as the eternal and universal body that consists of all those who have accepted the redemptive work of Christ.
The Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, the Spirit of Jesus who comes to dwell in the man who gives his heart to him through repentance. We believe in the manifestation of the Holy Spirit, in his Fruit and the gifts of the Spirit.
We believe in worshiping the Lord through singing, applause and raising hands to heaven as a form of expression in humility to their performance.
The Holy Scriptures
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God by inspiration of the Holy Spirit and the revelation of God's will for every man on earth. We believe in the authority of the Word of God to govern the affairs of men
We believe in the ordinance of baptism in the waters by immersion in obedience to the Word of God for everyone who has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
We believe that every man has stewardship over his life and the resources bestowed by God. We believe that tithes are a measure of obedience to the scriptural principles of stewardship.
Commitment to Israel
We believe in the promise of Genesis 12: 3 concerning the Jews and the Nation of Israel. We believe that this is an eternal covenant between God and the seed of Abraham to which God stands faithful. Reaching Your Dreams